The Uganda Experience
November 27 – December 5, 2023
+ 3-day extension for International Conference for Women Birders
Dates: November 27 – December 5, 2023 + 3-day extension
Length: 9 days + 3-day extension
Group size: 4-10
Activity level: moderate
Why you’ll love the Uganda Experience
This Experience features a mix of many incredible African experiences: safaris, jungles, lakes, birds, and mammals! Check back soon for a full itinerary and details.
Mammals and birds
We’ll be posting more details soon, but check out the images on this page as a small sampling of the hundreds of birds and mammals we’ll target on this trip: icons such as Shoebill, Gray-crowned Crane, and yes, Mountain Gorillas!
Cost TBD—check back soon.
The cost covers:
- All lodging in twin/double or single occupancy
- Premier guide services from day 1 through day 8
- Private transportation in a spacious, comfortable vehicle with A/C
- All meals from dinner on day 1 through breakfast on day 9
- Shuttles in and out of the airport
- Entrance Fees to nature reserves.
- Uganda Bird Checklist
These things will not be included:
- International Airfare
- Tips for hotel staff, waiters, guides, and drivers during the trip.
- Items of personal use, toiletries
- Travel insurance
- Medical expenses, prescription drugs and other items of personal use
- Additional services offered in hotels (Spa, massage, etc.)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Any other expense or extra tours not listed as included above
We will be staying in comfortable local accommodations throughout this trip that all offer fantastic birding opportunities right outside the door. Accommodations are mid-range and some locations are cabins that may have shared bathrooms between two or three units. Pricing is based on double occupancy, sometimes with two twin beds, and a single supplement is available.